Long Range 8-Port Gigabit Web Managed Switch with 4 PoE+ Ports
- *IEEE 802.3af/at PoE compliant.
- *Eight Gigabit Ethernet ports with four PoE+ ports.
- *Up to 30W per port (total power budget: 72W) for powering PoE-enabled devices.
- *Long range PoE power delivery distance extending up to 200 meters.
- *Power backfeed protection support to avoid damaging the PoE ports.
- *Auto-detection of powered devices (PD) and power consumption levels.
- *Auto fault-detection on over/under current & voltage.
- *Access Control List (ACL) support.
- *Switch capacity:16Gbps & Forwarding rate: 35.712Mpps.
- *IEEE 802.1Q-based VLAN for network segmentation to improve performance and security.
- *IEEE 802.1p QoS with 4 priority queues.
- *IGMP Snooping V1 / V2 / V3 support.
- *4K MAC address table and jumbo frame support up to 9KB.
- *Small desktop form-factor for small office and home office
The Edimax Pro GS-3008P is a long range web-smart switch with 4 Gigabit PoE+ ports. Designed for small office and home office network environments, its desktop form-factor allows for integration in the most widely used SMB offices. With smart web management, PoE (Power over Ethernet) ports can be manually setup to extend PoE power delivery distance to up to 200 meters while also supporting smart control for VLAN (Virtual LAN), QoS (Quality of Service) and IGMP (Internet Group Management Protocol) snooping v1/v2 & v3. The PoE also features auto detection and power backfeed protection to efficiently provide power and, at the same time, avoid damaging the PoE ports. The Edimax GS-3008P is a superb choice to boost your network environment’s performance and efficiency.802.3at PoE with Auto Detection & Power Backfeed Protection
The GS-3008P features 4 IEEE 802.3at Power over Ethernet (PoE+) ports which supply up to 30W of electricity per port, and has a total power budget of 72W to power any 802.3at or 802.3af compliant power device. With PoE detection capability, the GS-3008P is able to verify whether the connected device is IEEE 802.3at or 802.3af compliant. In the event that a PoE device is not detected, only network data will be transmitted through the LAN cable. Moreover, with the PoE power backfeed protection from the passive PoE injectors, the GS-3008P is able to avoid damaging the PoE ports. PoE for Easy Installation and Better Cost Efficiency
Power over Ethernet technology enables the Ethernet cable to carry both data and power, reducing cable installation and eliminating the need for extension cords or electrical outlets on the walls and ceiling. Overall the GS-3008P can lower installation costs and simplify deployment effort. The GS-3008P can be used with different PoE products such as access points, IP cameras or VoIP devices and is an effective solution for network environments where power outlets are difficult to access.Power and Data Distance Extension, Long Range up to 200 Meters
The GS-3008P provides extended PoE power delivery to distance up to 200 meters whereas a general PoE has Ethernet cable distance restrictions of 100 meters. For 200 meters power delivery distance, the unit operates on a per-port basis at 10Mbps duplex operation and supports up to 30-watt PoE power output. The specification creates flexibility in planning for installing PoE-enabled devices such as IP cameras.Smart Tools for Improved Network Efficiency and Security
The GS-3008P features smart and simple network monitoring tools that allow for improved network efficiency and security. The web-based interface management features include QoS bandwidth control for better traffic management, VLAN for enhanced network security and multicast IGMP snooping v1/v2/v3 for streaming applications.APPLICATION DIAGRAM